In The Kitchen
So what about adding this to your glass of water? I keep hearing that ACV is so good for me…so I dug in and did a little research and this is what I discovered! Hang on…this is a long list!
In The Body
- ACV helps the body maintain a healthy Alkaline pH level. This is huge! Research shows that higher acid levels (lower pH) leads to a lack of energy and higher incidences of infection. It’s best to be more on the Alkaline side to decrease the incidence of disease.
- ACV helps the body to detox. ACV creates an overall detoxification of the body. Research shows that it can help stimulate cardiovascular circulation and detoxify the liver.
- ACV is great for the lymphatic system. It helps to break up mucous throughout the body and cleanses the lymph nodes. The lymph nodes are a vital part of our immune system and can easily be clogged by a poor diet and lack of exercise.
- ACV can help relieve allergies. It reduces mucous and sinus congestion, thus prevents sinus & ear infections, sore throats and headaches.
- ACV helps the body get rid of Candida! ACV is rich in natural enzymes that eats up candida (yeast overgrowth), thus helping get rid of fatigue, memory loss, sugar cravings and yeast infections.
- ACV can help reduce heartburn. Research shows that ACV works to bring acid under control…including heartburn. Natural remedy experts say that you should feel relief shortly taking a tsp. of ACV followed by a glass of water.
- ACV assists in Weight Loss: For daily weight management, add 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to 16 ounces of water. This concoction can be sipped throughout the day. Data shows some limited, yet significant, weight loss benefits from sustained daily intake of acetic acid (which is a main ingredient in apple cider vinegar).
- In a 2009 study published in Bioscience, Biotechnology, and Biochemistry, it found that subjects that consumed acetic acid for 12 weeks experienced significant declines in body wt., abdominal fat, waist circumference and triglycerides.
- And more: Balance high cholesterol, helps clear up skin conditions such as acne, protect against food poisoning, prevent muscle fatigue after exercise, strengthen the immune system & increases stamina.
Wow! I never knew all of this! Now, you are thinking as I did…”how do I drink this stuff?” Do you want to know a really slick way to drink Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) ?? Here’s a funny and super great video from Trim Healthy Mama that will show you how! It’s called “Good Girl Moonshine”.
If you are having trouble viewing this video, >> CLICK HERE!
And there’s more…
Home and External Uses
- ACV can detoxify your home. It’s made from apple juice and is fermented to hard apple cider. It’s then fermented a second time to become apple cider vinegar. By using ACV in lieu of other products, we instantly decrease the consumption of unnatural chemicals in our homes and daily lives.
- ACV can make your hair shine. ACV can be used as a rinse for your hair after shampooing, and will boost your hair’s body and shine. I recommend recycling an old shampoo bottle, then filling it with 1/2 a tablespoon of ACV and a cup of cold water. Pour the solution through your hair after shampooing several times a week for dramatic results.
- ACV regulates the pH of your skin. Dilute ACV with two parts water, and spread the concoction over your face with a cotton ball to replace your current toner. You can do this at night after washing, and in the morning before you apply your moisturizer. A dab of apple cider vinegar can also be left on the skin overnight to fade age spots or acne scars.
- ACV can help remove warts. Soak a cotton ball in ACV, then fasten the cotton ball over the wart with a Band-Aid overnight. The skin may swell some as it reacts with the solution. However, the wart will fall off. Once it falls off, the treatment should be continued for a few more days, to make sure the wart doesn’t return.
- ACV can remove stains from your teeth. Rub teeth directly with apple cider vinegar, and rinse with water.
- ACV can soothe a sunburn. Add a cup of ACV to your bath, and soak for 10 minutes to eliminate discomfort from sunburn.
- ACV can be used as a natural aftershave. Fill a bottle with equal parts apple cider vinegar and water, and shake before applying to the face.
- ACV is an all-natural massage treatment. Rubbing ACV on your hands and feet will give massage-like benefits and relief to tired hands and feet.
Thanks to www.mindbodygreen.com for providing a lot of this information!
Okay, I’m sold! I am going to mix me up some “Good Girl Moonshine” right now! You do the same and come back and tell me what you think?
From Our Family To Yours,
Kevin and Amy Jo